Thursday, January 3, 2013

S-M-A-R-T GOALS

          This New Year, people are crazy making their own New Year's Resolution. Have they even checked their New Years' Resolution (NYR) list last 2012? Out of how many of their list were applied and achieved? Maybe their NYR was missed place and forgotten. For some, they keep it in their wallets. Others would have pasted them on their own walls, mirrors or even on their ceilings.


Maybe this time, it's good to have a New Years' Resolution. They call this as S-M-A-R-T GOALS.

SMART stands for:

S-pecific
M-easurable
A-chievable/ attainable
R-ealistic
T-imely/ time bounded

Specific means to 'lose 3 pounds in three weeks time' and NOT 'just to lose weight'.
Measurable means to 'earn and save 2K in a month' and NOT 'just to earn and have savings and be rich'
Attainable means to 'spare 2 hours per day to study Mandarin using the internet and having a Mandarin class under a professional Mandarin speaker for a month' and NOT to 'learn one language a month y reading'
Realistic means to 'having a trip in Tagaytay by October saving a quarter of my salary from June, July, August, and September' and NOT just 'travel the different places of the Philippines'
Time bounded means to 'be able to wear my gown on my wedding day December 25,2013, which is two months from now. I should go to the gym atleast three times a week for two hours each day. With my gym trainor, I should be able to achieve a waistline of 27-29 inches (from my 34 inches waistline at the moment) and reduce my weight to 55 kgs which is 6 kilos from my present weight. I'll be watching my diet avoiding soft drinks, ice creams, high fat milk, and fried foods. I'll be adding 1 fruit for every meal. Fresh fruit juices will be my refreshments and atleast 6-8 glasses of water. Early sleeping time should be noted (from 9pm-10pm). My sister, who will be my made of honor (incredibly living with me who is known to be a vegetarian and makes exceptional vegetable crepes) will be making sure that I apply these things through out time and NOT just 'to lose weight'

Remember a dream without time frame remains to be a dream but a dream with time frame becomes a goal....
 

1 comment:


  1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW$$$
    Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
    Email:perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com
    LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Loan Amount:
    Loan Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:
    Which sites did you know about us.....
    Email:perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete