Sunday, September 30, 2012

Meatless Mondays the Filipino Style

Supporting the Meatless Monday campaign is another way of supporting healthy living for Filipinos.

Meatless Monday is now being adapted in the Philippines. This is also known as Luntiang Lunes. The government is encouraging everybody to eat healthy vegetables during Mondays and resume the regular meaty meals the next days. Monday because it is believed to be the start of the working week so you must be energized to start a happier healthy week.

I am starting my Meatless Mondays tomorrow and getting excited what to cook. I have decided to cook eggplant salad or ensaladang talong.

This is how to make this simple recipe. There are lots of variations of making it and this is how I'll making them tomorrow.

  • Grill two medium sized eggplants. Peel and set aside. Chop onions and tomatoes (bite-size cubes). mix the three ingredients. Add a spoonful of white vinegar, salt and ground pepper to taste. Add ginisang bagoong (optional). then mix. Serve and enjoy.
I know this is usually used  as a side dish but I eat them as viand.

I am also imagining meatless mungbean soup or shall I call it luntiang monggo na may kamatis :)

  • Soak mungbeans/monggo overnight or atleast three hours. Boil it until  cooked. Strain and set aside. Cut onions and mince garlic.Saute onions and garlic. Add cooked monggo.then mash atleast 2/3 of the monggo to create a thick soup texture. Add 1 1/2 cup of water . Add slices of tomatoes then let it simmer for ten minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. I also add chicken cubes or ginisa mix to flavor the soup. You can also add green leafy vegetables if you want such as pechay. Serve hot with steamed rice.
I think I am ready for Meatless Mondays. By that time, I might be encouraged to consider Meatless Wednesday too.

How about you? What will be your Meatless Monday Recipes?

Please click my fan page below if in case you support the Meatless Monday campaign.

 


 

4 comments:

  1. I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw Dr Ekpiku testimony online on how he was cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that’s the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email now (ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com) or (ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com) him on whatsApp number:+2348073673757 or text/call me 16506538578..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here to share my story on how i got cured from Herpes also cure from fibroid,i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect,especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to get rid of my Herpes but all to no avail,until I contacted Dr who is also a professor in herbal medicine ,who gave me some roots and herbs syrup and told me after my medication . within a short period of taking it,and the doctor confirmed that I am Herpes negative . I am very glad to tell the world that I am free from Herpes,contact him for your own testimony on: dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com . or call/text (270) 693-5854.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have ever believe that herbs can cure four years HERPES in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i never believed that i will ever get cured,but this faithful day i came across a testimony on the internet of a lady on a forum who said she live in Florida testifying about a man called Dr.OBUDU who cured her from HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HERPES in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it and after that, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i did exactly what he instructed, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital to do another test and it was also negative, then i took my friend who was also HERPES positive to the Dr, after the treatment she was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his email address, OBUDU.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM his contact number (+2347035974895) thank you once again Dr.OBUDU for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work . EMAIL: OBUDU.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cured my herpes simplex with the help of Robinson buckler. if you want to be cured like me and give a testimony like me, you can contact him on https://robinbuckler.com/…………………………

    ReplyDelete